Last weekend I watched 5 movies! 5! That is what happens when I am left to my own devices in my apartment. I also went to three parties yeaaaaa. As some of you know, I don't drink so I find it more difficult to have fun at a Duke party when everyone is drunk. Although the sober view can be annoying when people are slurring their words asking me if I'm ok (as in if I'm too drunk). No! But the sober view can also be quite entertaining. I catch people talking to themselves, sitting on the floor, dancing in their own little worlds, and having full conversations with people they would not normally speak to. Ah the college life. I'm gonna miss this. Oh yea back to classes - I'm taking intro to African Studies. Its a class with 65 students and the professor doesn't allow us to bring our computers. WHAT!!!!????? What is the world coming to ... I take notes on my computer. Granted I'm also on aim, gmail, and an occasional facebook visit happens from time to time but I DO take notes on my computer and try to speak at least once or twice per class meeting. I'm taking a Latino Hip Hop class which seems pretty cool and considering New York is the birthplace of Hip Hop I'm enjoying more discussion on why New York is the best place on Earth :-). I'm taking a history of sexuality class where the professor shows a whole bunch of pictures an we talk about the evolution of sex and sexuality in the Americas. Who wouldn't love the class. I wish I could upload some of the pictures he shows in class. Next time I'm going to google the images and try to show you all the greatness that is class discussion. My last class is a senior capstone for my African and African American Studies major. It's on citizenship and requires that I think of my own project and assign my own readings. You would think that I would get away with no reading but noooo we are to report to class what we find and give our own synopsis of each article. At least I get to read what I want.
Thats enough for now. Look forward to fun pics coming to you soon!
Hi E,
ReplyDeleteI recently wrote about the class that you're taking on www.LatinoHiphop.Org
I would love to hear about any input you have from the class, I think that it's the very first of its kind.
Feel free to contact me @ HIPHOP AT CRISTOPOLIS DOT COM
Saludos
Cristopolis