Thursday, February 25, 2010

We Don't Buy No Drinks at the Bar! ... or any for that matter (Mardi Gras 2010)


Mardi Gras - New Orleans 2010.


So I went to Mardi Gras and had a blast!!! I'm paying for it royally now though. Had two overdue papers to complete by Saturday when I came back. Then I had two papers due Tuesday, exam Thursday and paper due tomorrow -_- ... but that is not the point of this post of course.

SUNDAY: We were meaning to leave Durham at about 10pm. When did we leave? about 1230am. We left the apartment at about 1030 after packing the car with c
ookies, pound cake, blankets, pillows, and of course alcohol (closed). I think they had Bacardi Limon, red, petron (sp?). We filled the car with gas and sat in the gas station for about 30 minutes. There were three girls and 1 guy who wanted to check the oil, gas in the tires, and mess around with the engine. Why do guys think they know cars?! I swear he (Eddie) was just filling the engine with random liquids. It's Nikki (my roomates) first car. His name is Dre (the car) and for some reason Dre would turn on his alarm when anyone decided to breathe in the car at the gas station. I think he knew what he was about to get into and was not willing to do the 13 hours drive. We went to Wendys to get something to eat; we drove up and found out we couldn't make 4 different orders.
We drove up to the window after combining everything and Wendys gave us half of our order. Of course we had no clue until we drove off and had to drive back. The manager started screaming in Spanish and Eddie and I were afraid for our lives considering they forgot our orders. Nikki did the first 6 hours while I played co pilot. Just call me Pandora Lizzy! After 6 hours I comp knocked out.

MONDAY: We got to the hot
el at 12am (new orleans time) and the hotel wouldn't let us check in! We couldn't check in for another couple hours so we decided to go to IHOP which was a complete fail. The waitress was entirely too overwhelmed with the TWO tables she had to wait on. Again, we were afraid for our lives. We then went to the store to get four disposable cameras. Yes I know, we took it to the stone age but we didn't have digitals! We went back to the hotel and slept in the car for an hour until they let us in! A 13 hour drive in the car is no joke and no I do not drive ... but I can be tired too. Soo we checked in and decided to shower and get dressed for the day/night. We went to the French Quarter. It was sooo pretty (ugh I wish the pics were developed already). For your viewing pleasure I got one from google images. So just imagine it being night time and people on the balcony throwing beads!! We were walking on Canal street and it was beautiful. The architecture was great and there were so many people in the streets with costumes on so of course we had to at least get masks. We walked into one store and after trying on masks for 15 minutes the owner came up to us and said "no sale, no sale." WHAT?! She was pissed we were in the store. WE WERE GETTING READY TO BUY THEM. This put such a bad taste in our mouths. I was about to say something to her but I respectful (with a pissed air) and walked out. HEIFER! Anyway before that we went to mother's on poydras street. THE FOOD WAS PHENOMENAL. By far the best meal we had there. I had a po' boy and my friends had jambalaya and catfish etouffee (Im allergic to shellfish).

Ok tuesday is the big day ... but this post is too long now ... That will have to be written another day. (Monday is not over yet ... havent gotten to the good part ...Bourbon street :))

E. Canela

No comments:

Post a Comment