Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Home away from Home

If you've been following my blog from the very beginning, then you know that I detailed pieces of my apartment as I worked to build it together when I arrived at Purdue. I also promised a full run through of the completed apartment. Unfortunately, I didn't have all the furniture until a year after moving in. Then life continued to grow busier and busier. Now I am in the process of selling furniture. How did these two years go by so quickly? I'm still amazed at how quickly time flies. Before my apartment begins to transform into the empty state that I found it I wanted to finally post picture of where I have been living for the last couple years.

When walking in, everyone has to take off their shoes and and since I have to follow the same rules I just keep my shoes up against the wall.


Then you look up and find my living room! ( didnt have a tv stand for months ... STRUGGLE)


Walk a bit and find my bedroom. Real simple. 


One of the huge benefits of living in Indiana is the cost of living. So I get to have two bedrooms. Welcome to my office. If you've ever given me a card, its on display. Provides me inspiration to keep going when I lose motivation. 



Not so interesting but part of the apartment nonetheless, the bathroom!


Then there is the card table in the eating area (way cheaper than a dining table) and of course the kitchen (which I seemed to have skipped in taking pictures). Don't worry its pretty standard. 

I have a couple bonuses! Welcome to my office on campus. As you can see I post card up there as well. I have the greatest friends and family and I want to make sure they are always around me. 



Hope you enjoy the images :)

Until next time, 





1 comment:

  1. hey canela! thanks for posting a little slice of life in indiana! i miss you but it does look like you're living it up! i can't believe its been two years already but i know you're over the moon that you get to be back in your home state. :)

    ReplyDelete